Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Ten Song Quotes That I Absolutely Adore

Music is top inspiration source. I don't know how any of my stories or art pieces would get finished if there were no songs. I love the way a simple line can inspire a scene, or an illustration and have me thinking about it for days. It can get in your head, and it can make you learn something about life. Music is a really big part of human communication, and I am a storyteller after all.

Lyrics are some of favorite parts of songs. The tune is really a carrier for the lyrics. So when I hear a song and a lyric stands out to me, I'm automatically interested. I thought I'd share a few of my favorite lines a little bit of why and how they inspire. You'll be surprised by the list.

1. "Maybe I think you're cute and funny, Maybe I wanna do what bunnies do with you if you know what I mean~"
You and I- Ingrid Michealson

This line made me fall in love with this woman. It's so cute, and suggestive in a way that isn't too sultry. The whole song is a big ball of adorable. It's really worth a listen, as well as the rest of her discography.

I get inspired by little lines like this because it gives me hope that romance can be sweet and innocent while still being a real relationship between adults. Besides, it's absolutely hilarious.


2. "The words have been drained from this pencil...."
You- Evanescence(Unofficial)

This song isn't supposed to be heard by the masses, but I found it on accident. I absolutely love every last word, but it all starts right here. It creates the subtle-est of imagery to draw the listener into this sweet story of a girl writing to her lover. It's absolutely perfect.

The blog is called Love and Music for a reason. Romance is totally a recurring theme in my stories. I adore a good romance. (And NO Twilight is NOT one.) The connection between two people is absolutely fascinating, even more so when they meet by overcoming countless obstacles.

The analogy for writing used here is my absolute favorite ever.

3. "He says that he will, but he's just a Lyre."
Two Birds-Regina Spektor

The word play here. Oh gosh. I love this line so much. Regina knows how to turn a phrase. The word Lyre is meant to be a triple meaning phonetic of "liar" and also meaning a small bird, and an instrument! So clever.

I love this song and how it gives a very light-hearted explanation of a bad relationship. All explained through this wonderful analogy of two birds perched on a wire. Epically speactacular.

4. "They say your head can be a prison, then these are just conjugal visits."
The Take Over, The Breaks Over- Fall Out Boy

This line is simply cleverness. It makes me want to cover this song for my little youtube account. It's just such a good line. This song makes me wanna sing, even though the vocals aren't my favorite part of the songs. It's really the words. I fell like they absolutely must be sung when listened to.

5. "I want to kiss you, but if I do then I might miss you, babe..."
Love Game- Lady Gaga

Oh, lady gaga. Resident avant garde of the current musical world. He weirdness knows no boundaries, and yet...

This line sets the whole song on a totally different note for me. I feel like the singer is more conflicted by her desire than she really lets on. It shows the tiniest hint of regret and fear. Like she wants more than just the sexual act. She want's so much more.

Inspires me to write a subtle inner monologue. Or maybe even a silent, implied one.

6. "The room seems wrong. The bed won't fit. I cannot seem to operate and you my love are gone."
The Chain- Ingrid Michealson

Wow, she's racking up the points. I didn't want to put two of her songs on here, but her lyrics are pure magic. This song especially. The words aren't cliche in the least bit, and that makes me so happy.

I honestly have this stuck in my head for days after hearing it. I have the live version, but It's still so beautiful.

7. "Leave me alone. I know I'm not makin' sense, but I know I can't let you come any closer. It's my security. It's my self-defense. I keep on doing all this over and over."
Helpless-Neon Trees

This is basically the biggest problem I have in my relationships. I want to like someone, but I don't want to be in too deep. It really speaks to me in that way.Not to mention this guy's VOICE. Oh God.

The whole song is freaking great. I took forever to pick my favorite part for this one.

8. "Even if saving you sends me to heaven."
Your Guardian Angel- The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

This song is sweet. I heard it first on a friend's myspace. It's got a great set of simple, romantic lyrics. It truly is a good song.

9. "Heaven, I'm in Heaven, and m hearts beats so that I can hardy speak!"
Cheek to Cheek- Frank Sinatra

Ah, old crooner songs. These are the real good heart throbs. This line seriously makes me want to dance with a special someone into the night. I think of a lot of sweet moments between characters I have paired together. It's great.

10.
"Bring your paintbrush, we're paintin' the town!"
Down in New Orleans- Dr. John

This song became a favorite the second I saw The Princess and the Frog from disney. The line here made me LOVE it. Hands down. It's such a cute little addition to all the descriptions of new orleans.

That's all I have now, guys. Music is life for me. So hopefully I brought a little of life and inspiration to you guys through these songs.

Thanks for reading, Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment